When it comes to selecting a concrete tile roof, choosing the proper components that make up the roof is just as important as choosing the right profile and color. While you may think you can’t see them, components like attic vents can actually affect the overall aesthetic of your new roof. That’s why Eagle Roofing Products has partnered with O’Hagin, a nationally recognized producer of top-quality, state-of-the-art attic ventilation solutions.
Although tile roofs are fundamentally air permeable, they do require proper attic ventilation in order to remove heat and reduce cooling costs. O’Hagin’s tile roof vents provide maximum airflow without detracting from the aesthetics of the tile and overall roof design. They are manufactured specifically to match all Eagle tile profiles and can be painted to match the tile color, essentially camouflaging themselves into the roofline.
These vents are designed as a two-piece system: a primary vent (subflashing) and a profile-specific secondary vent (cover), which blends into the surrounding field tile. They are manufactured with a standard finish 26-gauge galvanized steel (20-year warranty), .032 aluminum, or 16 oz. copper (50-year warranty).
In addition to providing maximum airflow to Eagle concrete tile roofs and maintaining curb appeal, the benefits of choosing O’Hagin attic vents also include:
- Extending the roof’s life: Ventilation protects attic insulation and rafter cavities from moisture, thereby reducing the risk of mold and dry rot.
- Conserving energy: O’Hagin vents are completely passive, reducing energy costs related to heating and cooling.
- Removal of trapped gases: Proper attic ventilation facilitates the removal of hot, trapped gases and fumes, a major cause of indoor air pollution, allergies and related health problems.
- Reducing moisture buildup: Proper attic ventilation reduces moisture build up from indoor water sources and condensation that occurs naturally in the attic space.
- Flame, ember, rain and snow resistant: Quantified by independent laboratory testing and report.
For more information about O’Hagin tile roof vents, contact your local Eagle Account Representative or visit ohagin.com.